PARENT AND SUPPORTER CODE OF CONDUCT
a parent/guardian will:
- Abide by the code of conduct.
- Remember that children participate in sport for their enjoyment, not yours.
- Encourage fair play and sportsmanship at all times.
- Focus on the child’s efforts, participation, and performance rather than winning or losing.
- Encourage children to compete according to the rules and to settle disagreements without resorting to hostility or violence.
- Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing a game.
- Remember that children learn best by example.
- Support all efforts by administrators and officials to remove abuse, physical and verbal, for the sporting environment.
- Respect officials and the decisions that they make and teach children to do the same.
- Show appreciation to coaches, officials, and administrators of the game.